For over 57 years, Benjamin M. Del Vento has been fighting for people injured in all types of accidents. Ben graduated from Rutgers University in 1961 and received his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law in Newark in 1964. While in law school, Ben was President of the Student Body and member of the moot court team. Ben clerked for the Hon. James R. Guiliano, A.J.S.C. in New Jersey Superior Court, Essex County and was an assistant prosecutor under future Governor Brendan T. Byrne in Office of the Prosecutor of Essex County.
Ben founded the current law firm in 1971 and focuses his practice on personal injury and workers' compensation litigation. Throughout his career, Ben has tried all types of criminal and civil cases from homicides to product liability matters.
While an undergraduate at Rutgers University, Ben was a member of the men's basketball team and men's golf team attending Rutgers on a full New Jersey State Golf Association Caddie Scholarship. Since graduation from law school, Ben has been actively involved in community service including raising money for the New Jersey State Golf Association Caddie Scholarship Foundation. He is a former President of the New Jersey State Golf Association and the 2016 recipient of the NJPGA/NJSGA Distinguished Service Award .
Throughout his 5 decades of practice, Ben has been a lecturer and presenter at continuing legal education programs. In 2021 Ben received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Essex County Bar Association and in 2005 received the Walter A. Lucas Special Merit Award from the Essex County Bar Association.
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Workers’ Compensation
- New Jersey, 1965
- United States Supreme Court, 1969
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1965
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- LL.B. - 1964
- Honors: cum laude
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- Major: English
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1965 to Present
- Essex County Bar Association , 1965 to Present
- American Bar Association, 1965 to Present
- NJ Association for Justice , 1966 to Present
- Essex County Bar Association - Lifetime Achievement Award, 2021
- Essex County Bar Association - Walter Lucas Special Merit Award, 2005
- The Columbian Foundation Distinguished Humanitarian & Achievement Award, 2008
- Unico National Community Service Award, 2009
- New Jersey Supreme Court District Ethics Committee
- New Jersey Superior Court, Hon. James R. Guiliano, A.J.S.C., Law Clerk, 1964 to 1965
- Essex County Prosecutor's Office, Associate Prosecutor, 1965 to 1970
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Kappa Epsilon