A Car Accident Should Not Put Your Life In Chaos
Each year, thousands of motor vehicle accidents occur across the country, and many of them happen right here in Austin. These crashes happen for a variety of reasons and in a variety of ways, but in most cases, the results are the same – someone suffers injuries, or a family loses a loved one.
Even though an accident can happen in many ways, some are more common than others. Below are the most often-seen types of car crashes, mostly occurring due to distraction, drowsiness or impairment:
- Head-on collisions – Two vehicles traveling in opposing directions collide, or one driver is driving the wrong way.
- Rear-end collisions – One vehicle slamming into the rear of the one in front of it.
- T-bone collisions – The front of one vehicle striking the side of another, often caused by running a red light or failing to stop or slow down at a red light or stop sign.
- Sideswipe collisions – A vehicle crashes into another car’s side, which occurs when a driver fails to clear a blind spot, doesn’t look in the rearview or side mirror before changing lanes, or allows a vehicle to drift.
- Rollover collisions – A vehicle flipping over during an accident with a high rate of fatalities.
An Accident’s Aftermath
In addition to physical injuries, the aftermath of a car accident can be financially traumatic. From post-accident medical care and physical therapy to vehicle repair and replacement costs, victims are left with uncertain futures.
Texas entitles accident victims to economic and noneconomic damages in recognition of the debilitating impact post-car crash. Punitive damages could be an option as well. Caps that exist in Texas can limit the amount of compensation received. Consulting with and retaining a personal injury attorney can make an uncertain future more certain.
What Happens Next Is A Phone Call
If you have an injury after a motor vehicle accident, get immediate medical attention, collect any evidence you have and then call our personal injury law office. Based in Livingston, we work statewide with clients like you to take swift and effective action. You can reach our car accident lawyers today by phone or by emailing our office.